Today, I did something a whole lotta more fun than what I’ve done before for this project. Instead of trying to fit a given text in a given format within a given number of pages, I decided to create some covers for the different issues today.
Using Letraset letters and Letraset lines, I started working on small models of covers. As mentioned above, it was fun, but more interesting: I also got some ideas while doing it. For example: using a different font for a different band, with a different arrangement of the lines. Quite simple, but it gives me a lot of freedom to experiment while still forming a series. This idea can then be altered, for example I could use patterns or pictures instead of the Letraset lines.
Anyways, here are some of the sketches made on A4 sheets.
So I got a new starting point to work from. After all, it’s the cover that tells about the content of the zine, so this might lead me to some proper editorial design in a while.